About the OACFE
The Oregon Chapter of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (OACFE) is Oregon and Southwest Washington's connection to the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE). Established in 1996, the OACFE is the 62nd of over 100 chapters throughout the world dedicated to supporting the mission of the ACFE, through educational programs and seminars, which promote an awareness of fraud prevention and detection techniques among its membership and throughout the community.
About the ACFE
The ACFE is the world's premier provider of anti-fraud training and education. Together with thousands of members worldwide, the ACFE is reducing business fraud and inspriing public confidence in the integrity and objectivity within the profession.
The mission of the ACFE is to reduce the incidence of fraud and white-collar crime and to assist the Membership in fraud detection and deterrence. To accomplish our mission, the ACFE:
- Provides bona fide qualifications for Certified Fraud Examiners through administration of the CFE Examination
- Sets high standards for admission, including demonstrated competence through mandatory continuing professional education
- Requires Certified Fraud Examiners to adhere to a strict code of professional conduct and ethics
- Serves as the international representative for Certified Fraud Examiners
to business, government and academic institutions
- Provides leadership to inspire public confidence in the integrity, objectivity, and professionalism of Certified Fraud Examiners